With a forecast that threatened to dump up to 30" of snow in our region the day before, this engagement session almost didn't happen!
I'm not exaggerating when I say Amanda and I planned this engagement shoot out for months. Literally, months. From dates to locations to outfits, we had discussed it all. Then, the weathermen decided to butt in.
A few days before this session was scheduled to take place, winter storm warnings began popping up everywhere. Forecasted amounts ranged from 0-30" as no one was *quite* sure where the heaviest snow band would fall. After contacting Amanda, we came up with several contingency plans for what would happen if mountain conditions were dangerous to what Plan B (and C!) would look like if I couldn't leave my home due to travel bans.
Luckily, the majority of the storm stayed further south of the Adirondacks and although we received snow, it was just the right amount to cover the increasingly dingy-looking drifts and to gently dust the trees.
Needless to say, Amanda and Jeff's engagement session went off without a hitch and we enjoyed the hushed silence of an early morning out on Heart Lake.